Tuesday, March 9, 2010

for the love of spring....

~~~


your first whispers are long-awaited

your sweet scents are divine



you warm my heart and mind and body

you're a brand new chapter, full of possibility

♥

you are simple but grand, your beauty unequaled

the love letters you write sustain me throughout the year

oh ~ the love letters spring can write....

your visit is fleeting

you, my dearest spring, bring me back to life





*****************************************


just dropping in to say hello. i've been enjoying my down time so much.
i've just been taking it easy, getting back to lessons with the kids, reading lots of great books, writing a little, taking just a few photographs, impatiently awaiting spring's arrival, enjoying blogging with Kylie, posting just a bit over at my photography blog, thinking about and meditating on many things that have weighed heavily on my mind recently, trying hard to live in the moment and pay attention to all the little details of life all around me.

right now i'm just so happy to see some spring color scattered about....new camellia blossoms, tiny green leaves beginning to sprout on the trees, red bud trees preparing to show their gorgeous color, pear trees wearing veils of white, busy birds flying here and there, chirping and singing their happy spring tunes, and i'm especially loving the feeling that spring brings. The unmistakable knowing that everything is new again, that new beginnings are at hand, that the possibilities are virtually endless.




8 comments:

Char said...

oh. you know - you really know how much this sings to my heart. it caught my breath in my throat. so very beautiful.

radiantreflections said...

oh, so SO lovely! Love seeing your beautiful spring and gorgeous flowers!

Traci said...

Those pink camellias are so beautiful! Love your processing, too! Of course the lighting is fabulous as well.

Jessica said...

Those spring colors really do breathe life into us, don't they!?!

...they call me mommy... said...

Beautiful...I've been on a mini-break myself...I miss the blogging though...although sometimes I let it because a stress...just another "to-do" and then it's not worth it...when it's relaxing, unhurried, inspiring, and just for fun...that's when I really love it...

Love the pace of your life right now...those sound like wonderful things to be doing! :)

Blessings, Sandra!

Caroline said...

Oh my...what gorgeous images to greet me today! Be well...

Andrea, creative collector said...

Wow, I love those flowers and the photos are so feminine. Love, love....

Brooke said...

Love this post, and hope your spirit is feeling refreshed!