Sunday, January 24, 2010

extraordinary

"She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short."


"She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short."
-storypeople-


I've been thinking a lot about the
little ordinary details
that I often overlook. They're everywhere,
all around me. And, they are many times
extraordinary when I take a moment to truly see them.



********


I took some time this week to do just that. A few days away with the family
at the hunting camp in the woods - quiet, peaceful, unplugged togetherness.
It does a heart good.

9 comments:

Oliag said...

I have fallen in love with this photo ...first seen at Lens Us Together...I just received PSE and I'm trying to learn so I am curious how you edited this pic....its gorgeous:)...I am enjoying A Mindful Home too:)

Deven said...

Beautiful! As always.

Andrea, the collector said...

Boy, hooray for that quiet time away. It is so good for our souls, right?

...they call me mommy... said...

Breathtaking, Sandra. Thank you for this mini-oasis-in-a-photo during my busy day! BLESS YOU!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous new header! Yes, I too am trying to find the simple things...it's a nice way to slow down a bit too.

Amy ♥ DailyPleasures said...

Breathtaking photo, Sandra. I have my teacup pic taped into the back cover of my journal, so I enjoy it and think of you every day. Someday I'll frame it, but for now, it makes me very happy there.
You'll have to let me know how you got the tabs at the top of your blog. I didn't realize you could do that in blogspot. What am I missing?

spread your wings said...

LOVE this image.

Julie said...

Yes. =) And the simplicity of it makes it all the better.

In Word Adorning said...

Beautiful photos, I see the thoughtfulness of God in the details of His creation!