Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sweet Potato Muffins

sweet potato muffins





I had to share this recipe, although many of you avid Pioneer Woman readers have probably already seen it. This may be the best muffin recipe ever! They were SO moist and yummy, but in all seriousness, how can you go wrong with autumn spices and cream cheese? Anyway, her recipe is labeled as Pumpkin Muffins, but I had a serious excess of sweet potatoes last week and decided to do something a little different with them. Since sweet potatoes and pumpkin can taste similar when combined with these spices, I thought I'd give them a try in this recipe. I just mashed them and added them in place of the pumpkin. After they cooled, I used her recipe for cream cheese frosting and well....oh my! They are definitely on the menu for Thanksgiving!

So if you have a craving for something sweet and autumn-ish, give these a whirl...you'll be glad you did!

13 comments:

simply blogged said...

oooh they look so yummy!

Caroline said...

Ohhhhh...I just downloaded the recipe... Those muffins look amazing! Now, if I could only reach in the computer and take one ;)

Julie said...

Those look great!! I haven't tried her pumpkin muffins, but I made the French Puff something or other from her cookbook and we love them. I need to try these =)

Char said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I would like them with sweet potato even better.

they look so delish - what a great suggestion for the switch

beth said...

I recently made pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting and I've decided now that I want cream cheese frosting on EVERYTHING !

these muffins look fabulous !!!

...they call me mommy... said...

YUM!!! :)

clairedulalune said...

Ohhh, ahhh! Lovely muffins! I am so hungry now!!

jess said...

Ohhh too good. I have a few pumpkins left. You had me with cream cheese frosting. :x

Andrea, the collector said...

Just told a friend I'd bring muffins by on Friday morning. Think these may be the ones!

Jessica said...

I always bring sweet potato muffins to Thanksgiving...I'm going to try out this recipe this year!

Deven said...

Mmmmmm! I am a muffinhead!

Liss said...

I hope they tasted as delicious as they look.

Kayte said...

Thanks for the link to this recipe... they look awesome!