Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Mornings

morning


an early hour
before the sun is awake
a new red mug
some strong, hot coffee
my journal and pencil
a book on mindfulness and
gentle mothering
my ideas written down to reflect on later in the day
a quiet house

these are the things
that get my day off to a good start
these are the things i love most about mornings




**************


Finally, an entry for Lens.Us.Together. not submitted at the last moment! This week's theme is "What a Morning!" and this is just a snapshot of my morning yesterday. As I was sitting there, in peace and quiet, admiring my new red mug and writing in my journal, I thought that is what I wanted to capture. Those few minutes early in the morning that are just for me and my thoughts before the world wakes up around me, that is what I love most about mornings.


Hope your morning is beautiful ♥

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Now that is a beautiful morning!!

...they call me mommy... said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)

Amy said...

Mmmm, the color red is just the coziest and cheeriest of all. Lovely photo! You really need to share what book you're reading. I just ordered Writing Motherhood this afternoon and can't wait to order Writer Mama. Both sound like they're right up my alley.

jess said...

My morning was INSANE. But thanks for sharing the sweet post! :o)

Cora said...

It's a beautiful quiet morning.....one that everyone needs now and again!

Please pay me a visit on my blog to see an award that I would like to share with you!

Blessings to you...

gkgirl said...

loving that red mug
and the little glimpse
into the beauty of your mornings...
:O)