Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hamburger Quiche

hamburger quiche


I thought I'd share another recipe today. This recipe is for a crust-less quiche and is perfect for breakfast (with sausage instead of hamburger), brunch, a quick at-home lunch (my kids love it), and for my favorite time...dinner.

It is very easy to put together and is one of my go-to meals for when I really don't feel like cooking. It's even easy enough for us homeschooling moms to cook during the day for the kids' lunch. My kids LOVE it...I think I could cook 2 pans of this without having leftovers. It's great with garlic bread or with steamed broccoli on the side.

I adjusted this recipe from the original and added more eggs and less mayonnaise. The original only called for 4 eggs....not very much considering you have 2 lbs of meat there. So, to get this to the right "quiche" consistency, I had to add quite a few more eggs. I also found out that you can certainly manage with 3/4 cup mayo instead of 1 whole cup...and it may even be as good with just 1/2 cup instead. So, after making it several times and adjusting the measurements, this one is just right for us.


Enjoy!


Easy Hamburger Quiche

2 lb. hamburger
3/4 c. mayonnaise
3/4 c. milk
10-12 large eggs
1 1/2 c. Cheddar cheese
1/2 - 3/4 c. green onion, or one medium onion diced
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat in skillet; season, then set aside. Whisk mayonnaise, milk, and eggs. Stir in onion, cheese and meat. Pour in sprayed 9x12 pan. Bake until set or knife comes out clean- about 25 minutes.

6 comments:

Char said...

that sounds delish! I will have to try this. I would probably add in some red bell pepper for me just because I love it so.

spread your wings said...

yum sounds like dinner for tonight. thanks for sharing.

Cora said...

Sounds/looks really good..I'll have to try this....boy that's a lot of eggs!

Madelynsmum said...

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing Sandra!

gkgirl said...

mmmmmmm....
looks delicious...
seriously...i'm trying this!

Julie said...

Yum!!! I'm bookmarking this!