Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things I Love About Autumn





I love autumn. It is my favorite season. I love the change of seasons, the colors, the light.



In Season



I love the cool mornings and evenings







I love the seasonal fruits...apples, pears, pumpkins, winter squash, and greens.



stacking...

I love the soups and stews and casseroles that seem to taste better this time of year.



trio



I love silly little kids who seem to feel refreshed in the cooler air. They spend nearly every afternoon playing together outside, laughing and having such a good time with each other, running around and around the house, playing hide and go seek, playing kick ball, and anything else they can think of until the darkness makes them come inside.










I love it when I can pull on a sweater and cozy up with my afternoon cup. I really can't wait until it's cold enough to light a fire in the fireplace. That always makes everything seem so comfortable and homey. This is definitely a nesting season for me. Everything seems to turn inward....home, family, and cozy-togetherness.






Yes. It's definitely my favorite time of year. How about you? What are some of the things you love about autumn?

12 comments:

Julie said...

=) Oh, I love autumn, too. I find it invigorating. I love the crisp air, the smell of the leaves and that I can wear jeans and a sweater comfortably!! I'm a nester, so when autumn comes around, it's time to start getting my house and pantry ready for winter. I find that so cozy and I love it!!! =)

simply blogged said...

I was just thinking that I have not posted my autumn list yet....perfect time to do it.

I love all your photos along with your list. Those adorable little girls look like they are having a great time.

Cora said...

I love this post....great pix and I love the one with the gum showing in her mouth! So cute!

I love the warmth (although I'm so cold right at this moment) I love the smells......cinnamon, spices, etc.... I love the togetherness...the thankfulness.....gratefulness....the cozy colors....I love the change! Change is good in its rightful place!
Happy Autumn Changes to you!

Char said...

beautiful shots my friend. beautiful.

there is so much to be thankful for at this time of year, the cooler weather, the beauty in nature, the colors, the gorgeous golden sun.

i love soups and casseroles too at this time of year.

Jessica said...

I do absolutely love autumn as well! It is my favorite- your pictures absolutely encompass the feeling of fall.

mydailyretreat said...

i love autumn too! i really love your photos! wonderful blog.

Liss said...

wonderful red photos to celebrate the colours of autumn. The kids look like they were having a blast.

randi---i have to say said...

Your girls are too cute! They look so silly all the time (I mean that in a good way!

Lovely photos!

Caroline said...

I too love this time of year! Halloween especially. I love all the colors and the world just seems more vibrant and alive!

Wonderful photos :)

Andrea, the collector said...

The scents. I get out my favorite scented candles and bake yummy things, like pumpkin bread. :)

Amy said...

Absolutely beautiful photos, Sandra, (I've never seen red pears before), but that last one takes the prize. What a treasure!

VPS said...

Beautiful pix, Sandra. Like you, autumn is my most favorite season & for all the same reasons. I especially appreciate the blessedly cool contrast to our horribly oppressively hot Texas summers!

Again - lovely photos!