Friday, October 9, 2009

How Are You?

It's been a while. I know that I haven't been around much. Things have been busy for me and time seems to be flying by. I'm not sure where all the days and weeks are going. Autumn seemed to make a very early and very short appearance. Although I can see the signs of the changing seasons, the temperatures and humidity as of late would have me believe it's still August. I am so ready for our breezes to blow in from the north rather than from the gulf. I am soooo ready to build our first fire in the fire place, to make more soups and stews for dinner, to pull out the sweaters and jackets, to pitch the tent in the back yard for little camp outs with the kids and have more of our "weenie roasts." Really, I can't wait.



She tapped her finger & nothing happened & she thought she had lost her magic, but it had only changed & it took her awhile to figure it out.



I've been making due with picking fall wildflowers, watching the blooms fade from the last of summer's flowers, just sitting and letting my eyes absorb the fabulous change in light that occurs this time of year, taking time to enjoy my coffee (or pomegranate green tea) every afternoon (yep, I can't give it up...who am I kidding?).

My husband's birthday was Tuesday and the kids helped to decorate a halloween themed party with the full benefit being that there was no need to un-decorate! He had a cake decorated with jack-o-lanterns and plastic cockroaches...yep! The cockroach idea was my contribution, lol! He hates those things....and that is an understatement! We had a blast playing around with him and he thought it was pretty funny, too, especially the little roachy critter that we I stuck inside his piece of cake...awful, I know - but it was really SO funny :) I just hope he goes easy on me....for tomorrow is my birthday!



Good for the body is the work of the body, and good for the soul is the work of the soul, and good for either is the work of the other.  ~Henry David Thoreau



I've taken time to clean out my computer files, or rather about 3,500 photos taking up space in my little connection to the world. After I uploaded the wedding photos from last weekend, I thought the poor thing would burst open! Seriously! She went crazy, started beeping, had a black out, and how she held up long enough for me to clean her out, I'll never know, lol! Anyway, she's a few pounds lighter now and is feeling much better I think. This is just a good lesson for me about procrastinating about getting my photos uploaded to a storage site as well as actually using my external hard drive. I'm so glad I was lucky enough to squeak by unharmed.


These are little packets of light & you need to plant them early in the year & remember to mark where they were because lots of times they look like weeds in the beginning & it's not until later that you see how beautiful they really are.


So how have you all been? I've missed my time visiting with you all. I'm hoping to be back on track soon. I think it's funny to realize how each of my bloggy friends are just that...friends. I think of you all so often and love being able to Facebook with some of you, too. {by the way....I added a Facebook badge to my upper left sidebar in case you'd like to join me there. just be sure to let me know who you are...you know how fb is funny about names} It keeps us connected even when we can't find the time to blog. All the emails and well-wishes and comments and messages never go unappreciated even though I have a hard time getting around to responding to them lately.


A nice cup of tea or coffee with my bloggy friends would be so wonderful. Maybe one of these days..... :) But, until then a nice cup of afternoon brew along with a little blog commenting and Facebook chatting will have to do. I'm just so very glad that you're all here.




long conversations with friends...
Have a great weekend, friends!

11 comments:

jess said...

Your photos always make me smile... they have that unique feel about them, and they remind me of the pics ma took when we were kids... they have a nostalgic feel.
I am so glad you're doing well! We can't have what we want at the MOMENT we want (usually!) but we can take in what is there right now. I found my mind racing ahead the other day- I want these fall leaves to hang in the sky till spring- but they will only be here for so long, and then we'll have snow! Then the barren two months in Feb/ March. Gosh.
Inside every silver lining is a dark cloud, lol.

Char said...

I love coming home to your page - I always feel like sitting on the front porch with you. I wish I could send you the spare external hard drive that I have but I'm not sure how I could ship it safely. Let me think on it.

Deb said...

These four photos are exquisite. They sink deep into my spirit, Sandra. Lovely, lovely images. Beautiful!

Jessica said...

Fall has a way of getting crazy, doesn't it? I sat down the other night to realize I hadn't written for a couple of days...I knew something was missing but honestly the fury of life got in the way. It is nice 'hear' you and see your lovely pictures-they are always so much inspiration for me.
Ps- Happy Birthday!

Kylie Townsend said...

Sandra, what beautiful shots. I have had a lot of unplugging time this week - such a busy week, with some snow too! (I love winter, but snow this late in the year?!)
Hope you had a fantastic birthday xo

Cora said...

Enjoyed this post with the lovely photos.....
Happy Birthday!

...they call me mommy... said...

Sandra...
*sigh* your photos are so beautiful and relaxing...I'm still here too...life IS crazy busy...seems more than usual for some reason...

Great to hear from your corner of blogland...hope you had a fabulous birthday (cockroach free, I might add) *snicker* and blessings to you and your family...

Oh btw, I've been loving picnik.com thank you! :)

Amy

"Dove" said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you get a delicious cake decorated with something lovely. Something lovely with no legs. :) My birthday is next week and this year it is a BIG one for me. Big numbers. Yikes.

Kimmie said...

I came over from Randi's...OH MY, your blog is beautiful. really.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Andrea, the collector said...

Sandray-

Happy Belated Birthday!!! (Hope your cake didn't have cockroaches on it. I hate them too!!!)

gkgirl said...

happy early birthday...well...
late now though because i am late reading this
but at the time
oh...
never mind...
happy birthday regardless!!!!!
hope you had a great one
with cake and lots of candles
and loads of fun.

xo