Saturday, September 5, 2009

Guess what the postman brought....!

what did we get in the mail?




Yesterday we received a box in the mail.

It was full of holes, full of yellow fluff, full of chirping sounds.....





You guess it!







new little ones!



New chicks!








a whole box full!



A whole box full!
We ended up with 27 new babies to nurture and love for the next 8 weeks.








sweetness!


They were really thirsty upon arrival.....they drank and drank and drank!
Finally they were satisfied with their food and water and enjoyed spending the night under their warming light. These little girls grow incredibly fast...I think I'll snap a photo every other day
or so just to keep track of their progress. They're really fun to raise!





**************











10 comments:

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

You brave woman!! Seriously! I have a strong respect for people who raise their own food especially their meat. I would name them all and fall in love and have 27 hens as pets.

Cheers!

Char said...

yeah, I'm too tender hearted. I realize this is the best way to grow food...but, I couldn't be a nurse because I can't handle this sort of thing.

I would be naming them too.

Jessica said...

Exciting! I have always wanted chickens--a throw back from the days of hatching in first grade.

luksky said...

They are sooooo cute! We could never do anything like that because Summer would become to emotionally attatched to them....and probably me too. :-) Have fun with them.

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Definitely think you should publish the post. Helping our friends process their chickens was an amazing eye-opening experience. Totally made me think twice about ordering chicken while eating out where I know the chickens weren't processed with as much care as we gave them. Just my opinion. Welcome back by the way. :)

simply blogged said...

So cute.

andie said...

Oh the CUTENESS!!!
It's too much, heehee!

Andrea, the collector said...

Hmmmmm...curiosity may win out. Post it, is my vote!

Liss said...

these are so cute, I want to hold them all.

PS: you have a lovely blog.

Julie said...

oooooh! I love it! I would love to see your other post.