Monday, September 28, 2009

Good Morning!

early morning sunlight...



A gorgeous sunrise peeking through the windows - after a long three weeks full of
gray, cloudy, rainy skies, sunshine is most welcome.



zinnias in morning's first light...



The last of summer's zinnias
awakening in the early morning light.



our first eggs from our spring chickens :)



The first eggs collected from our spring chickens.



pumpkin butter



Last year's pumpkin butter to make me
remember the taste of fall....so good.



breakfast



Breakfast of fresh hash-browns and eggs with fresh bread from the market
spread with pumpkin butter.




now, on with our day...


Now just a few leftover tidbits to clean, school to get in motion,
and the perfect daily routine to follow.


I love mornings, the peace and quiet, the coolness, the gradual shift of beautiful light as the sun rises, the possibility that lies ahead of us as everything is fresh and new again. I'm so glad we get to do this every day.


Hope your morning is beautiful!





******


I love the sweet smell of dawn -
our unique daily opportunity to smell time,
to smell opportunity -
each morning being, a new beginning.
~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

10 comments:

Jessica said...

That's a beautiful morning! I am going to have to try making pumpkin butter this year!!! Have another great morning!

Amy said...

That was beautiful. I enjoyed every aspect of your morning. I've been enjoying mornings lately, too with touches of fall to greet me.

randi said...

Beautiful post! Makes me want some pumpkin butter! :)

Char said...

oh, yes....I so feel you. so feel you. beautiful morning and what a wonderful breakfast.

the light this morning is gorgeous.

gkgirl said...

mmmmmmm....
makes me want to start my morning
all over again...
with good food
and sunlight...

Deven said...

What a beautiful morning!

radiantreflections said...

So, So beautiful. Gorgeous light, gorgeous morning.
Ive been busy lately and just reading in my google reader, but when I popped onto your blog this morning it seems you have done some renovations to your blog! I love it - very nice :-)

Cora said...

A good and happy morning to you too!

Thillysings said...

Oh wow. Mornings are so rough for me. Maybe it will get easier as the kids get older (6y,4y,3y,1y now). Great pictures as always and a wonderful reminder that maybe I need to shift my perspective around a bit. I'll try first thing tomorrow morning. ;)

Caroline said...

Such a beautiful blog you have...your photos brought me such peace today.