Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Abandoned

abandoned




in its youth
it proudly sat upright
a treasured form of transportation
a value beyond measure

years
cracks
creaks
chips
weathering
loosening
leaning

left behind

.
.
.
.

abandoned.


__________________________________________



This is my second entry for the new Lens.Us.Together. blog that I mentioned last week. This week's theme is Abandoned and I thought this old, deserted wagon would be perfect for it.

It made me consider what life may have been like for it
when it was new. When it was a modern convenience.
Long before "real" roads were put in, long before a trip to town
was less than an all day (or two) affair, long before horses
lost their place in front.



What a treasure it must have been....

2 comments:

Liss said...

This is so true, I often wonder what life was lead by old buildings and object,and the stories they could tell if they spoke. I think the reason why I see beauty in abandoned or old things like this wagon is they all have a history behind them.

Julie said...

Gorgeous!! I love old stuff. It's so fascinating.