Monday, August 3, 2009

Taking a Break......

the light...


sheltered.


enchanted.



Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm going to take a little break. I may only be gone a few days or maybe as long as a few weeks. I'm just needing some space, some time to think, some time to do nothing, kind of like a late summer re-charge. I've got a couple of good movies I intend to watch, some books I intend to read and some I intend to finish reading, some music that I want to really listen to, some photo ideas that I want to work on, and generally take some mental time away.

I need to spend some extra time with the kiddos, register for the upcoming home school year, do some crafty stuff with my girls, take a bit of time with my husband to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary....a couple of weeks late, but that date is shared with my boys' birthday....they were born on our 3rd anniversary.

I also just want some time to take care of myself. I really need to refocus my energy and some of it must be directed toward me. I've got some things I want to try, some issues I hope to resolve, and some changes that have to be made. All of this, of course, just requires lots of attention and focus.

After a lot of family-togetherness and a little personal solitude, I hope to come back feeling refreshed.



Talk to you all soon!





15 comments:

keli.h said...

hope you get lots of rest and relaxation, my dear. xoxo ♥

jess said...

I'll miss you but I will keep checking back. And I hope you try quilting, or knitting... canning... those things help me recharge. :::hugs:::

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Take all the time you need...you deserve it!

Char said...

gorgeous shots woman and I will miss you. But I totally understand this as I went away without the camera for the weekend.

simply blogged said...

gorgeous shots. I was looking for some mushrooms today but found nothing.

clairedulalune said...

best of luck and take it easy, if that is possible! haha! Speak o you again soon!

Dawn said...

Everyone needs a break some time. Love the photos. :-)

Jessica said...

Have a terrific break. You have some fabulous things planned. I might read a few of your selections as well. I'm looking forward to your return:)

Julie said...

Have a wonderful break! I hope it does everything you need it to! =) Take care!

A. Jarrett said...

Have a wonderful break - sounds like I may need the same thing!

gkgirl said...

ah...
i will also miss you
but look forward to your recharged return!!
xo

have a great break
{oh. and totally crushing on those textured mushroom photos...totally.}

Andrea said...

enjoy your time away...we all need it some times, don't we?

Lynn said...

I think I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy your break.

Lynn

Nikki Beaumont said...

I am loving all of your mushroom photographs. Oh, they are a neat art series with all that grainy and partly out of focus goodness. I just hope that you aren't feeling like a mushroom. Yikes! - Glad that you taking time for yourself. Moms really do need it! We will be here when you get back!

jess said...

...checking on you... hope you're happy and the rest of your summer has been wonderful! :o)