Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Post Card....

Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?  ~Richard Bach


Can miles truly separate you from friends....
If you want to be with someone you love,
aren't you already there?

~Richard Bach





My first entry to SPC's new theme for June....shoes!

After I uploaded this shot it reminded me of someone just sitting in the grass on a warm summer afternoon at a park perhaps.....waiting on a friend to arrive. They'd probably greet each other with a hug and sit down to share a picnic lunch together over some cool lemonade. Then they'd share in a really long heart to heart conversation full of tears and lots of those great belly-laughs and they'd wonder why they don't get together to do this more often. They'd eventually say their goodbyes and go on their separate ways knowing that a friend is one of life's biggest blessings.

6 comments:

randi said...

This is a very sweet post, both beautiful and heartfelt. I would love to be the friend coming to meet you! I know our hearts would connect completely. Plus, I would have to steal those shoes from you! :)

Char said...

love this and the thought of sitting in the park whiling away the hours with good friends, a quiet book and a glass of tea. it makes me content.

sarah said...

And then there are those of us who lurk around the park bench, eavesdropping on what y'all are saying but too shy to join in. :-)

Jessica said...

I'd love to join you for a picnic but you would have to hide those shoes!

Julie said...

I love what you did with this!! Sweet thoughts, too. Nothing beats a really good friend!

gkgirl said...

awwwww...i love this...
and the thought behind it...
such sweetness!