Monday, June 1, 2009

bench monday....again!

Bench Monday!


Last week I was just not feeling in the mood for blogging or anything else for that matter. But, today I finally pushed myself up and out to get a bench monday shot for this week. You know how some days (or weeks) can be.

They leave you with nothing...
no eyes for inspiration
no motivation
a no-care attitude
a mind racing in a million directions at once
feeling completely overwhelmed
and having a downright depressed mood

That has been me lately. All of the above. Yes, sad but true :(

I tend to go through these phases sometimes and this is one of them. Uggh. I don't know what else to do but make myself get up and get in motion. And, stop eating junk food because I'd be kidding myself if I said that hasn't become a haunting problem lately as well as the root cause for all the symptoms listed above :-/ I love the sweet stuff...too much...even when I know just how damaging the effects can be on my mind and body. Why is that?! As I type that out into words I'm thinking - wow...I must be crazy! Some things in this life will never make sense I guess.

Perhaps just putting this minute fraction of my feelings into words will spark something and make me snap out of it. I really want to get back on track and make myself feel better. I want to exercise and eat right and it is SO true that the hardest part is the beginning.

Now, my mind is saying.....where do you go from here?....are you crazy for bringing up something so personal?.....why would anyone care?......etc.

But, the real me is thinking that we've all been here before, in one way or another. Life is full of struggles and trying to figure out the best way to handle them. We're really all connected in more ways than we know. We're all looking for inspiration and motivation and a listening ear. We all have a reality that is uniquely our own.....and this is part of my reality.


So there, my quick bench monday post turned into an emotional dumping ground, but sometimes that will just have to do. Tomorrow is another day, you know :) And tomorrow marks the beginning of our new Self Portrait Challenge theme....shoes, so you may be seeing more of my feet than you bargained for! :-D

So, until tomorrow - I'll leave you with these words from John Mayer....(from his inspiring twitter post yesterday morning....

"There's always a moment on a trip when you decide you want to go home. Fight it. Because beyond that moment lies the best parts"





11 comments:

Amy said...

Sending you a big hug tonight, Sandra. If you're anything like me, it feels so good to put all those feelings into words, then you reread and deliberate and finally hit "post." Then I always wake at night and again in the morning with a heaviness in the pit of my stomach until I return to find that even one person understood. Understanding is so important for us as women. Just want to say, I do understand. And we both know that times like these are brief. You've faced it. Now go on. Wishing you a beautiful and refreshing day tomorrow. Love, Amy

randi said...

I love those red shoes!

I know what you mean about the blues. When my blog gets quiet it is usually because I am down and don't feel like posting anything. I think it is great that you shared your heart because it helps me feel like I am "normal".

I do hope tomorrow is a better day! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel like that right now. Thank you for sharing yourself with us :-)
Kylie

Char said...

you know how I feel about this quote. you and me girl...you and me. you hit my feelings on the head. I feel restless, uninspired and adrift.

jess said...

Oh Lady! *hugs* We are so much alike, seriously. I feel like that quite a bit, to a 'T'. Zoloft has helped me a lot... the junk food is rougher, but it's all mind games and spoiling myself with healthier stuff.
It's hard to find the exact, exclusive rhythm that works for each of our lives.

Julie said...

Awwww. I know exactly the feelings you've described here. ((HUGS)) I hope you're feeling better soon.

Jessica said...

I've felt very similarly recently. Uninspired and a bit cranky are my terms for my feelings. Slowly I'm moving out of it. Here's hugs for you!

Andrea @ The Train To Crazy said...

Thank you, thank you for sharing. It is amazing how many people have times like this but when nobody talks about it you feel so "crazy" or alone.

And I love that bench shot.

spread your wings said...

i've been much the same lately. it seems many of us are. this too passes.
i like your bench photo. i picked these same flowers in my yard today and brought the indoors. the gardenias scent so strong and sweet.

Leslie said...

beautiful and truthful....i am loving your shoes!

Andrea said...

Honesty is so refreshing. Sorry to hear you are or were down. I know about the struggle to just get started on something that you know will be positive. I fight that battle often! May you keep on...and remember be gentle with yourself along the way.