Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a yummy summer salad

spinach salad with cranberries and walnuts


I haven't shared a recipe here in a really long time, but for so long nothing has really grabbed my attention....until now :) I had this salad at a party last weekend and fell in love with it. I came home and quickly found the recipe and added the ingredients to my grocery list and we had it again for dinner on Monday night. The kids loved it as much as hubby and me and that makes me very happy! I also made some sauteed chicken to have on the side....yum!

Here are the basic ingredients, of course adjust to your own preference.

05 18 09 031



This time I bought Newman's Own Cranberry Walnut Vinaigrette to dress it with, but next time I'll probably make my own balsamic vinaigrette to cut back on the sugary stuff ;) It is sooo good and is perfect for lunch or a light dinner. So if you're looking for something different and healthy and delicious or even easy (as was my case) give this one a try! I think I may just have another one today for lunch :)


****

Oh...and Idol...(yes, I'm a watcher - I can't help myself)
What are your predictions? I can't wait for tonight's finale :)



Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

...they call me mommy... said...

LOOKS POSITIVELY DELISH! :-)

Amy said...

I'm tickled to find this! I just posted a request for summer salad recipes last night and then click over here to find this one this morning. Definitely will try it! Thank you!

Leslie said...

this salad looks fantastic! what a great summer dinner

Jessica said...

I had a VERY similar salad today for lunch!

gardenmama said...

Oh, yum! This looks so good : )
What a beautiful picture you have captured, I always find it hard to photograph food!

"Dove" said...

Looks delicious. I love the spinach/nut/cheese combo. Here's one of my favorites, just for fun....

Baby Spinach
Sliced Strawberries
Whole Blueberries
Slivered Almonds
Feta
Poppyseed dressing

yum......