Wednesday, May 13, 2009

to blossom

Kindness is the greatest wisdom.


"There came a time when the risk
to remain tight in the bud was more painful
than the risk it took to blossom."

~Anaïs Nin




I came across this quote today and thought about how incredibly true it was. There are times when not changing or taking the risk you're faced with becomes more painful than just accepting the need for change and taking the leap. It was exactly what I needed to read today because lately, with certain areas of life, I've felt like a bud that was too scared to just let go and open up. And, now that my petals are unfurling little by little, I feel stronger, my mind is more free and my load seems lightened. There are still lots of petals left to open in this life of mine, but as more light comes in, so will more courage.

6 comments:

Char said...

beautiful shot - that is one of my favorite quotes ever. keep on unfurling

Jessica said...

That is the perfect quote for the day I've had. Thanks :)

jess said...

That is wonderful. I have to share that...

Amy said...

Mmmm... yummy photos, a yummy quote, and good thought-provoking words. That's why I love to come here.

Julie said...

Yes, how true. That flower is so incredibly beautiful. I love the simplicity.

...they call me mommy... said...

So neat! Thank you for sharing! :)