Monday, March 2, 2009

...the sunshine called joy

...the sunshine called joy

"I've spent most of my life walking under that hovering cloud, jealousy, whose acid raindrops blurred my vision and burned holes in my heart. Once I learned to use the umbrella of confidence, the skies cleared up for me and the sunshine called joy became my faithful companion."
~Astrid Alauda



Just sharing my entry from this month's new theme at Self Portrait Challenge, Headless. Also, taking some time to take a closer look at me this month...looking for renewed motivation, joy, strength, clarity, and balance. Those are things I've been desperately needing lately.

4 comments:

jess said...

That is a really lovely quote, I am going to save that. Thank you for sharing.

Amy said...

Beautiful quote. I am enjoying your self-challenges and getting to know you better. I am in love with your banner, too. The soft colors and sunlight are so calming.

Jessica said...

I just love your self portraits and quotes! I always try at self portraits but end up with wonky photos of my feet or ear or something.

Andrea said...

What a warm portrait. Blessings to you as you revisit your own self.