Thursday, February 26, 2009

a productive day

breakfast this morning


Yes. That was breakfast out on our porch this morning :)

Hubby was off work, so I made breakfast and brought it outside in the fresh air for us to eat. Maybe this good start to the morning is why I was so productive today ;-D

After breakfast and browsing some of my favorite crafty blogs looking for some motivation, I finally blew the dust off of these poor, neglected little friends:



back to sewing :)




Yes. I actually did some sewing today!

I know....I'm a little shocked at myself ;) My crafting urge seemed to have got up and left after Christmas and I was wondering if I was ever going to find it again. But, find it, I did!

And a new curtain for my almost-finished remodeled bathroom :)



new curtains


The bathroom is painted a light butter yellow with white trim and I thought just a hint of red accent in the room would be perfect for what I had in mind. I was going for simplicity with this valance. I only wanted the valance and some new blinds on my window, letting in as much light as possible during the day. So, with some white muslin and a final running stitch in red at the hem, I was pleased with the way it turned out. (I promise to post some photos of the finished room as soon as it is totally complete.)

Now I just have to wait for my paint to dry around my window so I can hang it up ;)


What paint?


This paint....







After I spent the morning making the curtain I turned my attention to the paintbrush and turned these old brown cabinet doors to a clean and simple white. I also needed to finish painting around the window and while I was at it I went into the other bathroom and put a new coat of white on the trim work in there, too!

I know, I was full of surprises today and really got a lot of needed work done while poor hubby worked outside with my boys all day, doing a not-so-pleasant job of working on pipes and digging a really big hole....but that's another post, lol!

Anyhoo....lots accomplished today and still lots on my to-do list. At least I was able to cross off a few things that have been lingering in the back of my mind for far too long.


I just hope tomorrow is as productive as today :)

5 comments:

randi said...

I love productive days!

Those curtains are very cute. I love the simple lines.

Kate in NJ said...

I do wish I had your sewing skills!!
That red is perfect!!
Oh to eat outside again..before it is too buggy to do so.lol

jess said...

I can't wait to see the bathroom all done! I have to do mine- off white walls, tan trim, it needs to be dressed up a bit. What are you putting on the walls, if anything?

Sandra - My Inspired Heart said...

jess....I'm not sure just yet, but etsy has some super cool wall decals and a few of my fave photographers have etsy shops as well... i was thinking maybe one of these choices

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18900650&ref=em

or

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21570706

or

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21573993



choices....choices..... :-D

Greg, Jessy, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Yay for a productive day! Everyone needs one of those every now & then! We've been eating on our patio this past week...temps are in the 90s! That is why I love South Texas! It's rough, but somebody has to do it. ;) hehe.