Monday, February 2, 2009

Introducing Myself......

Hi!



February's theme over at Self Portrait Challenge is Introduce Yourself. So, I thought I'd play along this month on my blog as well. This shot was taken just a few days ago and I thought I'd use it for my first entry.

This week I'll start by saying that I joined with SPC in June 2008. I can't really remember where I found SPC, but watched the entries from week to week for a very long time, becoming more and more eager to give it a try for myself. I started and it just clicked for me, I enjoyed it as I became more and more comfortable with seeing myself in photos. Before I started these self portraits, there were really very few photos of me. Very few.

I think my main motivation in doing SPC was to make myself more comfortable with seeing me. I never felt good about seeing myself in any way before...no photos, no videos, only a mirror when I had to ensure I looked presentable to leave the house, lol! But over the course of the last year, losing quite a few pounds (i'm happy to report that's in forward motion again ;), seeing myself in a different light through the spc themes, blogging, making new friends, sharing pieces of the real me here and there, letting more people "in," not caring about any preconceived notions that other people may have about me, not trying to impress-but just being me..... it has made all the difference in my life. All these things have offered hope and peace and clarity and I know that spc has had a definite impact along all those lines :)

I'm really happy with spc and so happy to have made a few great friends because of it :)

6 comments:

Kate in NJ said...

I love this series, and if I were as
photogenic as you are..I'd wallpaper my house with me! ;-)

Spaz said...

Hi Sandra...

I've always thought you were a very beautiful woman, inside and out. I really miss seeing you. That's a great picture :~)

Let's hit the park someday...your side of town :~)

Tonya said...

Great picture! Like you, there are not a whole lot of pictures of me, because I am VERY uncomfortable in front of a camera. I don't know what to do with myself lol Also, I rarely like the result. I think I just need to chill out.

Jeremy Stockwell said...

Good words, Sandra. Thanks.

jess said...

I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for having the guts to share how you feel... you'll motivate some of us to embrace ourselves a bit more.

Greg, Jessy, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Beautiful!