Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Morning Thoughts....

good morning....



I'm thinking about going a little more natural with personal products like this.....


Maybe I'll try my hand at this kind of soap making, but I prefer castile soaps, so I may try those instead, even though they do have quite a long cure time.


We're seriously considering doing this.... I know, I know...this may be shocking to some of you ;)
We've always had quite a few chickens for eggs, but this year are considering taking it a step further. The reason is not because it's cheaper, because it will not be, however the reasons are purely for health and that we will know exactly where ours came from and how they were fed. We have the property for it and I think it will be an educational experience for the kids and for us all to connect with where our food comes from. We're still in the planning and thinking stage....but, I'll let ya know! ;)


I'm still interested in gardening and doing so as organically as possible. I'm thinking about the best way to lay out our garden this year and will hopefully be preparing my soil later this week.



I almost always cook at home, very rarely eating out. But, I'm still thinking about different ways to cook the same old thing and how to stretch leftovers or save them to create another meal entirely.



I've been thinking a great deal about time management this new year. This is definitely one area that must be included in my commitment for this year! I love the tips here....they could easily fit into my daily life. Of course, I need a list to follow :)



I want to re-read this book and take advantage of more of the great ideas included. I already use a few recipes and ideas that I've come to love...I'll share some of those soon!


I want to begin reading this book. I bought it right before Christmas, but I still haven't had the time to sit down and read it. I hope it's as good as it looks!



I want to make more time to get involved in a Bible Study like this or something entirely on my own...I need to get back in the habit of dailiness in this area :)





So.....as I sit with a morning cup of coffee (and the keyboard) in my hands, these are the things that are on my mind today......what's on your mind?



Have a great Tuesday!

12 comments:

Kate in NJ said...

I have been thinking about chickens as well.
DH is not convinced, he doesn't want to lose
"yard" space.lol
Love the Tightwad Gazette..really inspires me.
I'm planning out this years garden too.

knitsational said...

Time management has been front and center in my mind, as well. Since my second was born 2 yrs ago I just can't seem to get it together. Though, I think it's more due to the fact that I started my Etsy shop shortly thereafter. That's a great post (and blog) that you linked to. Thank you for sharing this. I need all the help I can get. :)

Amy said...

Have you been in my mind lately, lol? When you have time, I think you'll enjoy my post from this morning as well. We're traveling down the same road. And, I might add, that we have the same red mug! I just finished drinking my Chai Spice tea from mine a few minutes ago. I'll be back to linger over your links, but I wanted to tell you that my husband was just talking to the kids the other night about raising and butchering our own chickens. Kind of funny...


Oh, and one more thing. I didn't click on your link for cleaning supplies, but I, too, simplied mine in this past year. I fill an empty spray bottle (32 oz?) with water, add a squirt of Nature's Sunshine and about 20 drops of essential oils, usually grapefruit and lemon for the kitchen, but I used tea tree and euculyptus this last time and like that too. It's cheap and makes a great nontoxic disinfectant.

I'll be back!
Amy

jess said...

ITA with everything you said. The hard part of time management is getting the little ones to help out more- that alone makes the house cleaning task go muuuch moooore sloooowly. I love how your word for the year is commitment- mine is consistency. :o) I am glad I found your blog today.

...they call me mommy... said...

Thanks for the inspiration! The garden is something I really want to do WELL things year...
Blessings! :)

...they call me mommy... said...

THIS year...not things year...sheesh! :-P

Anonymous said...

what a great post, sandra! we have so much in common, right down to the way we think. :)
stephanie

Anonymous said...

oH! my comment was published! so now i can take the time to tell you i have not been able to post comments on your blog for weeks now. not sure why. this is stephanie from cherishingmydays, BTW. :)

Jessica said...

My mind right now- the sun, the new president, my cup of tea, and all the errands I need to run before class tonight.

randi---i have to say said...

On my mind? Mostly the bowl of ice cream I am eating right now! ;)

I am off to check out your soap link. Right now I have 2 soap-making books checked out from the library and I am trying to move past my fear of lye reactions so that i can make it!

Mrs Pea said...

Oh but please don't let the kid's chase the chickens! My dh was so sad when I told him about that part - he would always take a roosting bird, and I'm sure the lack of stress hormones in the meat would make it a better chicken to eat as well as a slightly less unhappy chicken.

websterm said...

I have made some soaps from the recipes at miller soap...LOVE THEM! I have added in some oatmeal and honey and it is my most favorite soap in the world! Anxious to see if you try your hand at making some...it's kinda addictive :)