Friday, January 30, 2009

a little distracted....

...or a LOT distracted would probably be more like it, lol!



finished!



I finished Twilight and all three other books over the last week ;) I can't even say how much I have enjoyed these. I heard about them first a few months ago and put off getting the first one, thinking that I may not like them. Oh...was I wrong.

I picked up Twilight last week at Target while grocery shopping, brought it home and began reading it the next day not realizing how totally lost, distracted, inattentive, preoccupied, absent-minded, immersed, fascinated, intent, wrapped up, and completely captivated I was going to be. I couldn't read Twilight fast enough, rushed out to get New Moon, saw the Twilight movie, grabbed the last two books and devoured them as well in just over a week :) I'm so glad that it was a slow week for school and the last week of hunting season.... I had plenty of time to devote to the story :) The only problem I found was that it wasn't long enough - another four novels would have been alright by me :)

If you read...at all....you must give this one a try! It's just a fantastic story...a perfect escape from the everyday. I can't wait until the Twilight dvd is released and New Moon opens in the fall....sigh :) And, just so you know I've really got it bad, I've opened Twilight again for round two....albeit at a little slower pace this time :)

Now that I'm coming out of my dazed, confused, and somewhat giddy Twilight-induced trance, I've realized that there has been very little blogging, photo taking, commenting, and emailing going on....sorry ;) I'll be around to visit this weekend and answer all the emails....if I don't answer any specific questions that you may have asked, please just drop me a line again, because you know, that Twilight trance is pretty powerful..... :)

6 comments:

sarah said...

Lol, you sound like me. I did exactly the same thing - all books in a week (well, who needs sleep?) and the movie as well (boy did that make me feel old, especially as I went on my 40th birthday!)

I thought the books were written in the most atrocious manner, and the fourth in particular was such a let-down - but still I could not stop reading :-) Even though her pacing was bizarrely bad, the stories had a truly compelling draw to them.

By the way, I'm not sure I've commented here before, so may I take this opportunity to tell you I love your weblog. :-)

Hand Sewn Treasures said...

I am so glad you LOVED the books.....

dawn said...

haha! you've been "bitten"! glad you're enjoying them.

Tonya said...

LOLOLOL Ummm, yeah! I know exactly how you feel! I wish she would write more books too, I just adore all of the characters, and am more than slightly in love with Edward, even though he is a pretend vampire lol

And sorry Sarah, but I respectfully disagree, I loved Breaking Dawn! As for her writing, I enjoyed it.

...they call me mommy... said...

I understand getting lost in a good book! I've been away from the 'puter this week too a bit, trying to get all these dern sewing/cleaning projects done before baby! Btw, I received Bend the Rules Sewing from the library! It's GREAT! I made myself just sticky note the projects though for copying 'cause I forbade myself from starting any more!

Blessings! :-)

lynlepre said...

Oh my gosh. A trance is the perfect way to describe how I felt reading these books. After I finished them, I bought all the audio recordings of them and how am listening to them on my iPod in the car.

I just love this series!