Thursday, December 11, 2008

Works in Progress....

red scarf...

I've been knitting this scarf for Ethan for what seems like forever, lol. I knitted my first scarf almost effortlessly, however this second one has taken much more effort! I had it half finished about a week ago, then realized that I somehow added 3 extra stitches at some point, making it resemble a triangle more than a rectangle. Then, since I wasn't too happy about my first few rows of stitches to begin with, I just unraveled the whole thing to begin again. So, here it is again, hopefully to be finished in the next couple of days as my girls and me join the guys at the hunting camp.

The hunting camp is not my favorite place to go. It's definitely a man-place and generally kind of boring while they are all out hunting and we girls must remain vewwwy, vewwwy qwwwiet, hee hee! But, Emma is absolutely determined that she is going with daddy this time.....so, I found myself backed into a corner. However, maybe the slow and quiet is just what we all need - whether we think so or not. I typically love slow and quiet...just in my own home :) I'm bringing along a stack of dvd's and a few balls of yarn to try and finish the scarf and possibly start a new project....we'll see ;) Of course I'll have my camera to play with.....who knows, I may never get around to the scarf if there is anything photo-worthy around the place!


quilt in progress....


The quilt I've been neglecting will hopefully be worked on these next couple of days, as well. Everything is prepared....the quilt top, the backing, the batting, and even the binding. I just need to put it all together. I'm hoping that by next Monday this quilt will be wrapped snugly under my tree....fingers crossed ;-)

Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

picperfic said...

has the time at the hunting place happened? How is the scarf coming along? I love the look of the fabric in your quilt!

Kate in NJ said...

That quilt fabric is gorgeous..I just took my Halloween themed one off the back of my couch, and I think I will start hinting for my Mum-in-law to make us a Christmas themed one. ;-)

Andrea said...

Lovely projects...hope they (or some wonderful photos) get attended to while at the camp. I really like the red and white fabrics!

Amy said...

That's funny. My projects right now? A quilt top done for Caleb, waiting for the batting/back to be added and quilting to be finished, and a dishcloth I am crocheting. I was waiting to finish them to post, but I just love looking at your works in progress. Maybe I shouldn't wait.

Charity said...

Don't feel bad about the knitting - the first hat I knit my son, I ripped out at least 3 times! :0) It's looking good!

dawn said...

ethan will love his beautiful scarf! gorgeous reds.