Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Thankful

I'm enjoying the season and finding myself more and more thankful for all the little things around me. Thankful for the beautiful, golden afternoon sunshine, the pieces of nature tucked in every corner for me to delight in, the place in which I live, the wonderful children that call me Mama, the awesome husband that calls me wife, the frame of mind to let it all in......to take the time to soak up the blessings that abound in my life. I am thankful.

Over the next few days, I'd like to spend my time reflecting on the things for which I'm thankful, really living in this moment...in this season, and sharing a bit of it here.






"I am rich today with autumn's gold,
All that my covetous hands can hold;
Frost-painted leaves and goldenrod,
A goldfinch on a milkweed pod,
Huge golden pumpkins in the field
With heaps of corn from a bounteous yield,
Golden apples heavy on the trees
Rivaling those of Hesperides,
Golden rays of balmy sunshine spread
Over all like butter on warm bread;
And the harvest moon will this night unfold
The streams running full of molten gold.
Oh, who could find a dearth of bliss
With autumn glory such as this!"


~Gladys Harp

3 comments:

Kate in NJ said...

As always, your photos are amazing!
I really enjoy the poem as well.
I am thankful to have "met" you this year..Happy Thanksgiving

Maria Rose said...

Beautiful. Thanks.

randi---i have to say said...

What a great photo!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, Sandra!