"How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow."
~ Elsie N. Brady, Leaves
Wishing you a wonderful day of preparations.......take time to notice the small things today ~
- the little fingers helping to make the cake
- the older "little hands" helping chop the veggies
- the excitement in the air
- the family members who gather together in thankfulness
- the little ones helping clean the house
- the smell of the fireplace on this cool morning
- the sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows and casting it's beautiful fall light everywhere
- the smell of pumpkin pie and stuffing
- the little ones begging to decorate the Christmas tree that Daddy brought in last night (in my case, anyway ;)
- the sound of Christmas music coming from the radio to make our preparations even more joyous
- the reason we prepare and make things so special on this day
- the little things that we are so thankful for each and every day of the year
- how blessed we are