Thursday, October 23, 2008

Feeling Thankful

love...it's hanging around everywhere



"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

~Mary Jean Iron




I'm just feeling incredibly thankful for my present life, the present blessings, the present love that's all around me ~ the precious present moment. May I not hold on too tight to yesterday or dream too deeply of tomorrow, but enjoy the moment I'm in right now.



Wishing You a Happy Thursday! :)



For an addictive little song I'm loving right now, listen to this.

11 comments:

Cherishing My Days said...

so true, sandra! i have learned the hard way to just be thankful for the day i've been given. it never fails, the minute i start getting bored or looking for something else, overwhelming times come and i am longing for a boring day again.

Kate in NJ said...

Lovely photo, and one of my favorite songs! I'm a big geeky George fan!

quilterpolly said...

thank you for your post today:)

Jessica said...

Your words are perfect today! And I'm just listening away to that song while I type, type, type!

Samantha said...

Beautiful picture, and what a great reminder to be thankful for life as it is.

Happy Thursday to you!

aswewalk.com said...

Amen.

Tami said...

Sandra,
I happened upon a new blog this morning and guess who I saw.....your kiddos! It was your Mom's??? blog. I think. What a small blog-world it is. Bless you today. Love, Tami

Lynn said...

The "magnificent" can be found in the "everyday." Thank you for the reminder to be thankful for it.

I actually visited your blog earlier today and didn't have time to leave a comment. (Today was a work day for me.) I love your recent photos of your trip to the waterfront park. They're really good.

Merry Autumn!
Lynn

dawn said...

thanks for the reminder of every day gratefulness. this photo couldn't be any more perfect for that and for who you are as a person!

Paige said...

Thanks for sharing those lovely thoughts, and the link. I love George Harrison! sniff.

The Tulip Lady said...

ahhhhhhh, those are BEAUTIFUL words...thank you.