Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A new bag for me!

my new purse


I finally got around to making myself a little something for fall. When I saw this gorgeous pumpkin henna fabric at Randi's store, Fresh Squeezed Fabrics, I had to have it for all my fall ideas...plus a little extra to make something for myself :) I love the colors and pattern and thought it would be the perfect bag to usher in the fall season.



orange and brown


I paired the pumpkin henna fabric (from the new Farmer's Market line) with some chocolate brown linen. I love linen....love it! I love the how the combination turned out.



peek of the inside

I added a pocket for my cell phone and even a tag on the inside. I like the idea of using the cotton twill tape with stamps and fabric ink. The tag really makes it "mine" and gives it a bit of a finished feel.

I feel like I'm on a bag kick right now - I just want them - lots of them. Maybe it has to do with the seasonal changes....I'm not sure :) I even have the Amy Butler Birdie Sling Pattern lying around awaiting my final fabric choice and some fusible fleece. It's a pretty large bag that I can haul everything in - my camera, books, notebooks and pens, and whatever else my little heart desires ;) I can't wait to make it!

So, a new bag to use for fall.....now all I need is a cool breeze ;)

6 comments:

aswewalk said...

VERY pretty! I love Randi's store.

randi---i have to say said...

I love the henna fabric with the brown linen. Too pretty. And the tag you made is so perfect!

Tonya said...

I love love LOVE this bag! I am really loving orange right now, I always love chocolate brown and linen is the best!!! I hope you don't mind, but I may copy this : )

I love the tag too, I have been trying out a cheap way to make my own tags, and this is great. I love the look of it too. Now my kids will know the front of their pants from the back LOL

Cherishing My Days said...

great job! very pretty, love the orange.

FWIW, i have made 2 birdie slings now without the fusible fleece and they turn out well. i think one day i will make one with the fleece just for comparison, but i have heard it makes sewing the bag bulky.

Jessica said...

I love that bag..I'm itching to make an autumn bag soon. That fabric is great and I have a AB birdie sling pattern laying around here too!

Kate in NJ said...

Wow! That is beautiful!