Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Morning Contrast

morning contrast to the day before


I love the sweet smell of dawn -
our unique daily opportunity to smell time,
to smell opportunity -
each morning being, a new beginning.
~Emme Woodhull-B├Ąche




Judging by yesterday's string of posts (thanks to planning ahead), you may have been fooled, but really, I've been under the weather with a "bug" for the last few days, as well as 2 of the 4 kiddos. So, for me, this is a huge contrast because we are never sick. Uggh!

I did feel a little better this morning and went out for an early walk as the sun was rising above the trees to get some much needed fresh air. Then I sat for a while, alone, in peace and quiet, on my swing and thought of how wonderful the mornings are and how they are definitely a new beginning. A new beginning each and every day to do something different or in contrast to the days before. They are full of opportunity for all of us. I love mornings :)

Then, after a very short while, I was joined by my oldest baby...such a contrast to our rocking chair days :) He's nearly as tall as me now, but very much still my baby, and most importantly my friend.


my boy and me


Mornings are good....really, really good.



See more interpretations of Contrast here.

13 comments:

Greg, Jessy, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

I can feel and smell that cool autumn air in the first photo! Hope you feel better soon!

dawn said...

i love these photos. they are so rich and beautiful.

Amy said...

I love how you've captured the warmth of the sunshine in these and I LOVE your quote at the beginning. I think of every day as a new beginning.

And I was just thinking the other day of where to take my kids to gather chestnuts like I did as a child. They definitely mean fall to me. That's a great picture of them in your post below.

quilterpolly said...

I love the smell of the fall...:)
polly

aswewalk.com said...

I love that song:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning,
new every morning.
Great is Your Faithfulness, O Lord, Great is Your Faithfulness.

Mishelle Lane said...

Your post and words and pictures brought a smile to my face. Feel better soon.

-Secret Agent Mama (dot com)

randi---i have to say said...

Just yesterday I was talking to my son about new mercies each day. I love the clean slate that comes with the morning and the opportunity to do things better than the day before.

Thanks for this reminder!

lynlepre said...

great post. great pics. hope you are feeling better!!

Greg, Jessy, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Sorry, just had to add this in reference to 'every day being a new beginning.' Every night before I fall asleep I find myself repeating this: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's the small voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' That always helps me feel better and let things go so I can actually fall asleep.

rubberbandgirl said...

What a soft beautiful haziness on the photo! This totally puts me at ease. Beautiful post. Beautiful moment.

Jessica said...

This is a great post---especially that quote! I hope you are feeling better-I'm starting to feel better today!

Tamara Jansen said...

I love that you took the photo from the back.....the sun is so warm looking

Tori said...

Beautiful photos!