Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The time is upon us.......

It's that time of year again.....


“Educating a child is a natural process. Home schooling is nothing more than an extension of parenting.” ~Sue Maakestad



So, it's that time of year again for us. This is the big week.....and I'm really trying to get in gear! We took the whole summer off this year and I have to say that we have thoroughly enjoyed it.....every minute of it! But, taking that much time away from the rhythm of daily homeschool life makes it harder to get back into the groove :) We eased back into some of the books yesterday, made some plans, jotted down some notes, made a shopping list, organized the notebooks, the school area, the drawer full of pencils, pens, glue, index cards, flash cards, went through our huge box of crayons and markers, organized our drawing paper and reading books.......So, it seems we're ready to get down to business this morning :)


And, since I've already been bombarded with questions this week from everyone we run into, here is a little humor for getting into that homeschool gear ;)

Top 10 Things NOT to say when asked "What?! No school today?"

10. Well normally yes, but this time of year I need help with the planting and plowing.

9. Goodness, no!!! I graduated 18 years ago, but thanks for the compliment!

8. No, we homeschool. We're just out to pick up a bag of pork rinds and some Mountain Dew, then we gotta hurry home to catch our soaps.

7. What?! Where did you guys come from?! Oh my gosh! I thought I told you kids to stay at school! I'm sorry. This happens all the time. (sigh)

6. There isn't? Why, you'd think we would have seen more kids out then, don't you?

5. We're on a field trip studying human nature's intrusive and assumptive tactics of displaying ignorance and implied superiority. Thanks for the peek!

4. On our planet we have different methods of education. (Shhh! No, I didn't give it away... keep your antennae down!)

3. Oh my goodness! I thought that today was Saturday...come on kids, hurry!

2. Noooooope. Me 'n Bubba jes' learns 'em at home. Werks reel good!

And the number one answer we should NEVER give to the question: "What? No school today?"

1. "What? No Bingo today?"


You must check out the other Homeschool humor at Knowledge House, like these.....
Why Public Schooling Is "Better" Than Homeschooling, You Must Be A Home Educator If......., A Homeschool Mom's Non-Resolutions, etc.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Those responses certainly made me laugh this morning! And I've slowly started organizing my school supplies, too. Who knew one could accumulate so many crayons!

randi---i have to say said...

Oh my gosh! #9 and #1 are so funny! I wish I had the guts to really say that.

Happy first day back!

Kate in NJ said...

LOL! Have a great year!
We're trying to get organized here too.

Bethany said...

My favorite was #5! tee hee

By the way, I recently found your blog, and LOVE it. You have some of the most beautiful photographs!! I'm an Alabama Homeschooling mom too!

Bethany
http://bethany.preciousinfants.com

jona said...

Okay, that last one cracked me up! We're still holding out for another couple weeks (except for my 2nd grader who had to start his online classes last week)!

Cherishing My Days said...

LOL! this was hilarious! i too like #5.