Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A peek at what I've been doing.....and 6 random, quirky things about me!

Here's what I've been up to this week....


new dresses....in the making


I'm using a stitchette pattern from Wee Wonderfuls to do a little embroidery on a couple of pillowcase dresses for my girls. I really love the stitchette pattern set....the designs are just adorable and are just what I had in mind for these dresses. I hope to get them finished today, I've got my fingers crossed!

And, a sweet blogging friend, Lynn, at A Mother's Journal has tagged me for a meme about 6 random, quirky things that I can think to reveal about myself. So, here goes...
  • I like to put just a tiny bit of dressing on my salad, then cut it up into tiny little pieces, all lightly coated with the dressing before I eat it....
  • I hate traffic, the mall, crowds, and shopping. I'm such an introvert at heart and I do love peace and quiet, a slow pace, and internet shopping. I just wish I could buy groceries online ;-)
  • When I sit down, I always bend up my left leg and sit on my left foot....always.
  • I get a little, a lot out of control when I eat bread and/or sugar....it turns me into a monster...I try to avoid it at all costs!
  • I love scary movies....not gory movies, but good psychological thrillers and just good old horror movies. Also, anything by Steven King or M. Night Shyamalan...... The Shining, The Sixth Sense, The Grudge, The Village, Vacancy, The Messengers, you know the kind!
  • I love waking up very early in the morning for the peace and quiet, although I wouldn't say that I'm a "morning person." I don't like to talk, to be bothered, or even to "think" right after I wake up, LOL! I just like to be left alone for at least 20 minutes while I drink my first cup of coffee and check my email :)

So, there you have it, 6 of the most random, weird, quirky things I can stand to tell ;-)

Now, it's your turn! I'm going to tag....Tami at Joyful Noise, Randi at I Have to Say, Carrie at Pinemeadow Chronicles, Jessica at Turkey Cookies, Kate at Homeschooling in the Garden State, Bethany at Happy to be Called Mommy, and anyone else who wants to play along! No pressure, girls, only if you find a spare moment and want to join in!


Here are the rules:

Link back to the person who tagged you
List the rules on your blog
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own
Tag 6 bloggers to complete the meme.

7 comments:

randi---i have to say said...

I love scary movies too, although I was disappointed by M. Night's most recent release. One of my faves is The Ring. I get creeped out every time I watch it!

Your embroidery is so cute!

Tonya said...

What adorable embroideries, I am going to have to check those out. I also love the pincushion, those fabrics are beautiful.

LOL We have some similar quirks.
I love waking up in the morning, but only if I have at least 30 minutes with my coffee and my thoughts. NO KIDS! and I think I am a borderline agoraphobic. I love to be in my home, I would probably be ok staying home with my family and sewing for weeks at a time. As long as my kids weren't fighting! LOL

Tonya said...

Oh, I forgot to say, I DO NOT like scary movies! Suspense is fine, but no horror. I am a huge scaredy cat and if I watch something scary, it stays with me for weeks.

Randi, the Ring scared the poop out of me. My friends thought it would be funny to tell me it wasn't that scary to get me in the theater and then had a fun time at my expense watching me freak out. I was so scared, it was NOT funny, at least not to me!

Lynn said...

Sandra, thanks for playing along! I am scared of scary movies! LOL. I hold my ears when I go through a room and someone's watching one, for example at the beach this summer with my cousins. ~:-D

I love the embroidery.

Lynn

Tami said...

Sandra,
Your stitchery is beautiful! Thank you for including me in your meme! Bless you, Tami

Bethany said...

I can't BELIEVE it LOL! I thought I was the only person in the world who sat on my leg every single time I sit down. lol

I always switch legs though. It could be the right or the left. I'm always getting the circulation cut off! :)

Kate in NJ said...

Lovely dresses...I am a little late to the rodeo, but I am in. ;-)
I'm so with you on the morning thing and yes, I'm sitting on my left leg as I type this.