Monday, August 18, 2008

My new favorite tutorial!

twirly skirt


Oh, how I enjoyed this tutorial and the way the skirt turned out :) It was just a joy to put together....a true stress reliever. I think I could make one a day just for the quiet meditation of it! Anyway, I found a really sweet pink button down blouse for Emma on sale at the store last week and instantly thought of this tutorial that I've never taken time to try. I picked up some fabric to go with the blouse and decided to give it a go. Besides, I had just made Claire's new dress and couldn't leave my other sweetheart out...she had to have something new of her very own, too!

I read over the tutorial instructions and got started. I cut everything out, and realized that this was going to be a really fun skirt to sew! Within only an hour or so, I ended up with a super cute skirt that my girl loves! I love all the possibilities for coordinating fabrics, the ease in making some for holidays, and the fact that it's inexpensive and doesn't take a ton of fabric. Besides, you can't go wrong with being able to sit down on Saturday night to make it and then be able to wear it to church on Sunday morning ;) I can't wait to make a few more of these.....they're just perfect!

3 comments:

randi---i have to say said...

Cute skirt!

I love this tutorial also. Aubry wants me to make her a skirt and I should try it again since it was so simple!

Bethany said...

I LOVE that tutorial too, and was planning to make it about a year ago and never did. You did an excellent job on it!

By the way, thank you so much for linking to me!! :) I've got your link in my sidebar as well. Have a great day!

Cherishing My Days said...

very cute! great job!
i SO know what you mean when you say you could make one of these a day for therapy. i felt the same way!
stephanie