Monday, July 21, 2008

Right Now...




























Things have been busy ....

  • I've taken a bit of a blogging break without realizing it!
  • Time flies when you're having fun ;)
  • We spent a wonderful week involved in Vacation Bible School.
  • My kids are still singing the catchy songs we learned....and wondering why VBS only lasts one week :)
  • But, now my house needs to be cleaned.
  • My car needs to be washed.
  • I need groceries....and I really don't like going to the grocery store or all of the extra work that comes with it like refrigerator cleaning and pantry cleaning....
  • I need to return some things to the library.
  • I need to seriously start getting some things in order for the coming school year....lots of curriculum review and lesson planning needs to begin very soon.
  • I need to force myself to start a good exercise program to help encourage my weight loss. I've lost 40 pounds so far, but have hit a little plateau over the past few weeks....so, exercise and more water it is!
  • Why is drinking water so hard? Don't get me wrong, I love water and it is the only thing I've had to drink for nearly 5 months (except my coffee), but drinking a gallon a day is one difficult task!
  • And, exercise....it feels great when you get in the swing of it, but getting started is ridiculously hard!
  • I'm in the mood for a vacation...a local beach condo sounds great to me (after public school starts again, of course ;)
  • My hubby was thinking theme park....I like it too, but I don't like the admission prices, gas prices, nor the fact that we'd need to drive my 10 year old vehicle on the 9 hour trip. Has anyone seen the prices for a minivan rental?! I checked on it and it was astonishing! I can't believe people pay those prices to rent a car for a few days! Unbelievable!
  • I need to finish an outfit I started for my girls a few weeks ago....it's funny how you can get seriously sidetracked sometimes!
  • I need to finish those outfits I started because I have some baby things I want to make for an upcoming baby shower :)
  • Looks like this will be a week for sewing!
  • I need to prepare for my boys' birthday this week....a huge milestone, for me at least, they are turning 10 years old...and I can hardly believe it!
  • I also need to focus on my anniversary...my husband and I have been married 13 years! My boys were born on our 3rd anniversary....so typically, the anniversary always takes a back seat :)
  • It's not a problem, we just remember how blessed we are to have them, and celebrate our anniversary a few weeks later when things have settled ;)
So, there you have it, a random list of thoughts, things I need to do, things I need to think about and prepare for. I've also missed my usual blogging routine and checking in on my blogging friends! I hope to join in tomorrow on the self portrait challenge again...after I determine what "skill" I'll include this week :) Now, I'm off for one more cup of coffee, compose my grocery list, and off I go to get the week started!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Sandra,
So nice to hear from you! Have a blessed week of sewing. Love, Tami

Kate in NJ said...

It sounds like you are enjoying summer, Happy Anniversary!
Happy Birthday to your boys!
I have many of those same "to dos" on my list..right after I finish my coffee. ;-)