Thursday, July 3, 2008

Recipe Box Swap















Well, it's time again to swap some recipes! This month's theme is, of course, BBQ! As we join Randi at I Have To Say, you'll find lots of recipes for main dishes and side dishes for the upcoming 4th of July Barbecues. I was thinking that a little dessert may be just what we need to cool off after all that BBQ :)


Homemade Peach Ice Cream


Here's a quick and easy recipe for Homemade Peach Ice Cream. Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 - 13 oz cans evaporated milk
  • 1 - 12 oz can apricot nectar ( I couldn't find this, so I substituted Peach Mango Juice...it worked perfectly)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 6-8 medium size peaches, peeled and pureed

Mix all these ingredients in a large bowl. Add to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions. After about 30 minutes, you'll have a super delicious ice cream to enjoy after your barbecue.

5 comments:

Renna said...

Yum, and I have a bag of fresh peaches in the crisper drawer of my fridge!

Jessica said...

This week I've had two little girls just begging to make homemade icecream-we'll have to try this next week! Thanks for sharing!

picperfic said...

that ice cream looks delicious, thank you for the recipe

Jennifer D. said...

Yummmm....I am definitely trying this one. We just ran out of strawberry icecream and I was just sitting here this morning trying to decide what kind to make next.

Firefly Nights said...

This looks like an easy, refreshing recipe.