Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I've been tagged!

black eyed susans



I was tagged for this meme by Julie at Knitsational. Here it goes....

1. What I was doing 10 years ago.........I was very, very pregnant for the first time with my twin boys. I had just had my last baby shower and was busy putting all the multiple gifts into a tiny closet. I was eating, sitting, reading, sleeping, hoping, dreaming, scared to death, praying, and w.a.i.t.i.n.g. in anticipation of my first little ones :) They were born on July 24....I can hardly believe it has already been 10 years!


2. 5 things on my to-do list...........Well, 5 things is just breaking the surface of my to-do list, but here are the ones weighing heavily on my mind lately ;)
  • declutter and organize my kitchen cabinets
  • make curtains, throw pillows, and other accessories for my bedroom
  • make the same thing for my girls' room
  • work on my flower beds around my back porch
  • upload my photos to Kodak and order prints

3. 5 snacks I enjoy............Well, this one will put you all to sleep - I've been dieting changing my lifestyle and eating habits for the last three and a half months, so "snacks" in their usual sense no longer exist in my house. I know it sounds awful, but really, it's all good and I feel great (34 pounds lost! Yay!) and I honestly don't miss them...or the horrible way they made me feel! But here are the ones I can enjoy....

  • organic Fuji apples my husband brings from the market
  • tart Granny Smith apples
  • Coffee, twice a day
  • a fantastic fruit "cobbler" with cream and whole oats....yummy...I'll share the recipe soon ;)
  • and when I need a chocolate fix, I have one cookie recipe I use that includes, cocoa, whole oats, and almond butter.....it is SOOO good. I'll share it soon, too!
4. Things I would do if I were a millionaire..........Well, I'm not a fancy person....at all. So, mansions and expensive cars don't get me too excited. I'd probably stay in my current home, buy a new minivan, buy a Winnebago and travel around the country with my husband and kids....I can just imagine the wonderful lessons they'd learn! I'm sure my husband would insist on his very own hunting/fishing camp for us to hibernate in during the winter months.....I'd let that money buy us "time" ~ to be spent with each other.

5. Places I've lived.........Well, this one will definitely NOT get you over excited ;)
  • my current home, which used to be my grandmother's home, here in Alabama
  • and my parents' home, which is right next door to my current home.
Yes, I live next door to my parents. I have since my husband and I were married. We love it...it's wonderful for our children and our close family relationship, I can't imagine it any other way.


6. Now, a few tags.......

And, anyone else who wants to play along PLEASE feel free to join in.... and let me know if you do :) I love reading these memes!

6 comments:

knitsational said...

I live even closer to my parents. We live in my parents house and they live in the addition! When we moved back down from NC they decided to just give us the house since all us kids except my younger sis had moved out. I really do love having them near, though.

Gail :) said...

Oh thank you for tagging me, I would love to do it, but I did this one already. Barbara from Oodles and Oodles got me. Feel free to tag me again anytime :)
Congrats on the weight loss and lifestyle change! I need motivation!

Jessica said...

I cannot wait for you to share those recipes you've written about! They sound quite yummy-especially to a 'change of lifestyle' girl! It's been hard to find yummy/healthy recipes.

Tori said...

Hey those were really fun to read!!
We have a lot in common!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I have just visited your other blog. It is just wonderful and I am planning on reading this one as I get the time. I am so glad to have found you, I am connie from texas. Thanks.

Lynn said...

I thought I left you a comment already, but it must have slipped my 40-something year old mind. :)

Thank you for tagging me. I had just been tagged for that a few days before, so I linked my answers to that. We have some things in common.

Enjoyed your post today. We all do have so much to be thankful for.

Lynn