Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Okay...here is the recipe for the yummy cookies I mentioned in one of last week's posts. These are so good....and the best part is that no baking is required! This first version is for anyone who is on a candida (or yeast) control diet like this one or for those on low-carb diets or for anyone who wants to just give this recipe a try :) I'll also include a recipe using slightly different ingredients for those on a "normal" diet.


wholesome ingredients...yummy cookies!


Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup butter, not margarine
1/2 cup whole, heavy cream
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar alternative...I prefer xylitol, but splenda, etc. should work fine.
1/2 cup plain almond butter...with no sweeteners, etc.
2 cups whole (old fashioned) oats, not the quick variety


Add butter, cream, cocoa, and sugar alternative to a 2 qt saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a full rolling boil. Set your timer for 2 full minutes and let it boil. After 2 minutes, turn off the heat, whisk in the almond butter until smooth. Finally, stir in the oats and vanilla as the mixture begins to cool.


In the pan

Drop by the spoonful into a large pan (cookie sheet, cake pan...whatever you have) and put them into the fridge to cool completely. After they have cooled - a couple of hours or so, remove them from the pan and serve, or like me, store them in a ziploc in the refrigerator door.


Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


The recipe above will really need refrigeration. The whole cream, butter, & almond butter mixture makes for really soft cookies at room temperature and almond butter holds up much, much better with refrigeration.




*********************************************************************************

This following recipe is the "normal" one....enjoy!



Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup regular or natural peanut butter (the natural works just as well)
2 cups old fashioned or quick oats (old fashioned will be more crunchy, chewy)

Add butter, milk, cocoa, and sugar to a 2 qt saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a full rolling boil. Set your timer for 2 full minutes and let it boil. After 2 minutes, turn off the heat, whisk in the peanut butter until smooth. Finally, stir in the oats and vanilla as the mixture begins to cool. Drop by the spoonful onto a sheet of wax paper and let them cool and firm. After these have cooled, they will hold up nicely at room temperature.




These cookies have been a lifesaver on my diet....I love chocolate and it was the one thing I missed. However, with this recipe, I can have my chocolate fix whenever I need it and not feel guilty about what I'm eating. I'll go more into my diet in a later post, but until then, check out this lifeforce plan....my local holistic doctor gave me his version of this same diet....I started nearly 4 months ago and after years of struggling with feeling really bad and gaining a terrible amount of weight, this is the first and only time I have been able to see and feel incredible results. There were a few sacrifices in the beginning, but I cannot tell you how worth it it has been. And, the best part is that I really don't miss what I "sacrificed" in the beginning. This plan is truly life-changing! So, if you feel tired, depressed, anxious, overly stressed, have incredible sugar cravings, headache-y everyday, have way too many scary moments of brain-fog, have seemingly uncontrollable weight gain or not.....just a miserable feeling, I urge you to check out this plan. It has been so worth it for me. I can't remember the last time I felt this good...and clear-headed, LOL!


Either way, enjoy these delicious cookies!

4 comments:

Tori said...

Those are my favorite cookies. Thanks for the recipe.

Lynn said...

Oh, I make those too, and I love them. As soon as they start to boil here, the children come running downstairs asking, "Are you making chocolate oatmeal cookies??"

They look yummy!

Lynn

Angela said...

These look great - I shall try to make some next week! Almond butter is harder to get hold of here in England, so I shall have to use pb.

maria said...

I love those cookies too, but I find them very fattening.

My two sons loved them when they were small, now they are more careful with their diets, so I only make them once in a while for them.

Marie