Tuesday, May 6, 2008

French Dressing with Garlic....

If you're like me, you're becoming increasingly aware of the incredibly long ingredient lists on nearly every item in the grocery store. Why is it that simple things like salad dressing have a list of about 30 ingredients, most of which you can't even pronounce? This really bothers me, especially since I discovered a recipe for homemade salad dressing that tasted better than any other I have ever tasted! So, I thought I would share this recipe with you....





French Dressing with Garlic

1/2 tsp. dry mustard (in the spice aisle)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
3/4 cup light olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (or juice from 1 lemon)





Mix spices, garlic, and lemon juice in mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil in mixture while whisking together. Chill. Shake before serving.




tip: once this dressing has had a couple of days in the refrigerator, it may thicken a bit. If this happens, run your bottle under hot tap water for just a few seconds and it will be of perfect consistency again.



This dressing is a very healthy choice and is perfect for anyone who wants to give their regular green salad a wonderful burst of flavor. It is perfect for low carbohydrate diets, candida-control diets, and regular diets alike. Give it a try...I know you'll love it.

2 comments:

randi said...

I love making my own dressing because it tastes better and there is not a bunch of unknown things in it. Thanks for the recipe!

Tami said...

Sandra,
This looks so yummy! I will try it soon! We will soon have all of our salad greens in our little garden, to eat up. Have a blessed day, Love, Tami